Emerging America History eNEWS Vol. 4, Issue 25 for June 28, 2017
- Registration Now Open!: Accessing Inquiry for Students with Disabilities through Primary Sources: Hudson, MA – Oct. 19 & Nov. 16. Info.
- Seeking applicants for free September 30, 2017 CES-TPS Training-of-Trainers (9:00-4:00 – Arlington). Email email@example.com to receive further info and application packet. Applications will be due September 15. Watch for details!
- There will be no History eNews for the week of July 3-7. Happy Independence Day!
EVENTS @ EMERGING AMERICA – Info
How can I support students from diverse backgrounds?
- August 1-2 – “Accessing Inquiry for English Learners through Primary Sources” – Greenfield Community College. Audrey Morse and Rich Cairn. Available for 1 grad credit in History. REGISTER.
- NEW! October 19 & Nov. 16 – Hudson High School – “Accessing Inquiry for Students with Disabilities through Primary Sources” – Available for 1 grad credit in History. REGISTER.
- “Children of Incarcerated Parents and Academic Success.” Post by Megan Sullivan, National Council of Teachers of English.
“Accessing Inquiry” courses meet Mass license renewal requirements for 15-hours PD on students with disabilities or 15-hours PD on English Learners. Link to renewal regulations. Optional 1 Westfield State University grad credit in History available.
NEW RESOURCES AT THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
- Drawing Justice: The Art of Courtroom Illustration. Online Exhibition. See for example: “Bobby Seale, Bound and Gagged” from the Chicago 7 Trial, 1969.
Library of Congress Teacher Blog
- Interview with Margaret Wagner, Senior Writer and Editor, Library of Congress Publishing Office. Post.
OTHER RECOMMENDED EVENTS – Across the Commonwealth and the Nation
- June 28 – JFK Library – Conversation with Ban Ki-moon, Eighth Secretary-General of the UN. Webcast.
- New York Historical Society Museum & Library – Summer Teacher Workshops. Port of New York. Influential Women of the Early Republic. World War I Beyond the Trenches. And more!
- October 19 8:30am – 3:30pm – American Antiquarian Society – Worcester. “The Creative Spirit: 19th Century Technology and the Transformation of America.”
- Human Rights in National Security – Amnesty International free Toolkit for Teachers.
- NEW from the Periodic Table of the Presidents: “Money Presidents” – the ones on your money!
- “The Economic and Fiscal Consequences of Immigration.” 2017 report from the National Academies of the Sciences. Free download.
EmergingAmerica.org History eNews welcomes YOUR news & events. Published most Wednesdays; deadline Monday noon. Archived at http://EmergingAmerica.org/blog.
– Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from this list.
Register for CES events.
Teacher-created lessons, primary source sets, & assessments at: http://EmergingAmerica.org.