The Relevance Matrix from Teaching Tolerance is a tool for teachers to consider means to connect content to real world applications and contexts that relate to students' lives. Thinking critically about engagement and effective classroom strategies can help students answer, "Why should I learn this?"
Strategies listed include:
Using the table teachers think about
- specific content they wish to cover
- a real life application of this content
- a job it could be used in
- a person they know who does that job
- an age appropriate connection
- current news or media connections
Link to additional resources here at Teaching Tolerance.