- Registration Open: for nine FREE Summer 2015 Emerging America events statewide. Information & Registration here.
- Reminder: Western Mass. Social Studies Professional Learning Community - April 7, 3:30-5:00pm. Snacks. Civics Education and Civic Engagement is topic. Contact email@example.com for info. All welcome!
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS Teaching with Primary Sources @ the Collaborative
- Easthampton - America Comes of Age: Exploring Reform in the Early 20th Century (1900-1940) -. Eric Arnesen, George Washington Univ.. Kelley Brown & Laurie Risler, teacher-leaders. Rich Cairn, Emerging America. June 29 to July 2 ( + ½-day in Oct.). (3 grad credit/67.5 PDPs)
- Deerfield - African-Americans in Early New England through Primary Sources. Lynne Manring & Rich Cairn. Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association. July 7. (10 PDPs)
- Watertown & Derry, NH – Veterans, Workers, and Citizens: Disability and American History through Primary Sources - Graham Warder, Keene State Univ. & Laurie Block, Disability History Museum. (10 PDPs)
- July 8 – Watertown
- July 24 - Derry, New Hampshire
- Melrose - History in Motion: Developing Multimedia Primary Sources. Site in Boston area TBA. Rich Cairn. July 13 & 23, 8:30-3:00 + 2-hour in Fall. $400 stipend. (1 grad credit/22.5 PDPs).
- Springfield - Veterans Voices: Oral History, the Springfield Armory, & the Library of Congress. Rob Wilson, Veterans Education Project; Jennifer Zazo,
- Springfield Armory National Historic Site; Rich Cairn. July 14. (10 PDPs).
- Northampton & Melrose – Teaching Primary Sources with Diverse Learners: Blending History & Common Core Instruction. Audrey Morse, CES. (One grad credit/22.5 PDPs).
- July 22-23 – co-led by Laurie Risler – Northampton
- July 28-29 or 29-30 – co-led by teacher, Adam Ingano – Melrose
- Northampton - Teaching History and Literature (K-5). Sandy Roth, CES. August 12. (10 PDPs)
Weekly (more or less) news & events
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from this list.
Register for CES events.