How will your school district ensure that students with disabilities can fully and meaningfully participate in the new student-led civic engagement projects at 8th grade and high school? (Includes students receiving support through Special Education and 504 plans and other diverse learners.)
Participants of this 75-minute webinar will:
- Examine 2018 Civic Engagement legislation and DESE Civic Engagement Project Guide with access for diverse learners in mind.
- Consider overall strategies to support diverse learners in project-based learning.
- Gain access to planning tools:
- School district readiness assessment.
- Inclusion planning supplement for school district civic engagement projects.
- Gain access to additional resources, including:
- Professional development to support inclusion of students with disabilities and other diverse learners in Civics, and in History and Social Science.
- Digital clearinghouse of resources–lessons, historical source materials, and teaching strategies–to support inclusion of students with disabilities in Civics, and in History and Social Science.
- Links to disability rights advocacy groups and information on issues
Audience and Grade Level
Teachers, Grades 4 - 12
Dates and Locations
This training is fully online.
- April 29, 2020 from 3:30pm - 4:45pm Please complete this short survey to express your interest in the webinar and to share questions and resources on access for ALL in civic engagement. http://bit.ly/
Cost and Registration
This webinar is free of charge, thanks to support from the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources program.
Registration Deadline: April 22